Thursday, November 18, 2010

painting and still life

I added another older painting of mine to Etsy today.  This painting I did in 2007 and have had on my wall for a while. I was going to hold on to it as it was my first painting I did in a series of African inspired still lives, but like I said before.. I can't hold on to them all and I plan to be painting as much as I can! :)    We have some neat items from Africa that  I put in my still life's for this short series.   I won an "honorable mention" on this painting when I entered it to an art contest while living in Stuttgart, Germany in 2007.   I have one other older painting to add to Etsy in the next few days then will be adding new paintings. :)

Available now at Etsy
Africa I
20 x24x1.5
(click on pic to go to etsy)



I think tonight I'll work on my next still life.  I'd like to do something a bit different and I have no idea what I'm going to do but hopefully I figure something out soon because I'm chomping at the bit to start.    I have ideas for this still life and what I want to convey but I want to experiment and try something different or at least that's what I'm telling myself.   LOL.   Hopefully I'll have a work in progress to post soon! :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment