Monday, January 5, 2015

30 in 30 painting challenge, day 5, abstract painting

Day 5 and my 2nd painting of the month.

I have always loved abstract paintings.  I never paint them but I love them.   I am really happy with this abstract piece I finished yesterday.    Lots of impasto textures, scratches and movement in this painting.    Blues, reds, oranges, yellows and whites.     I'll be painting more abstracts this month to mix in between my other paintings such as my Polish Pottery still life series.


"Escape"
16x20x 3/4"
sides painted black
varnished
hanger on back..  
no frame needed. 

On Etsy HERE






Print of this painting available on Etsy HERE



2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of a street scene, lovely texture visible when you view it full screen.
    Painting one-a-day is very hard, I am on day 5 and am exhausted already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really hard to do one a day .. especially if each aren't quick and trying to do everything else I have to do around this house.. Yikes! Thanks on the painting.. I don't do abstracts so this was an experiment and I'm going to do more :)

      Delete